A Tour of the Games:
Sunday Sept. 2, 2018
Register by noon: judging at 2:00 pm in the Cultural Area
More Bake-Off information, registration form and rules to be announced.
New for 2018
- Bakers Challenge 2018: Plaid Cake, where the cake itself has layers showing the plaid or checkerboard pattern.
- Bread/Tea Cakes
- Under 18
- Alternative: Gluten Free/Dairy Free/Dietary Adjusted Entries
About the Judge:
- Chef Rachelle Oliver
- Instructor in the Baking and Pastry program at Waukesha County Technical College.
- Graduated from The Culinary Institute of America in Hyde Park, NY with a Bachelor's Degree in Baking and Pastry Management.
- Best in Show: Chocolate Guinness Cake, by Nicole and Rachel Spottek
- Chocolate Irish Whiskey Cake, by Janelle Clohessy
- Strawberry & Mascarpone Pavlova Torte, by Jessica Eddy
- Short Bread Lemon Tart, by Courtney Jackson (youngest entered baker)
- Irish Cream Delights, by Sonia Rohowsky
- Best Alternative: Flourless Chocolate Cake with Butterscotch Sauce and Chocolate Ganache, by McKenzie Ross
- Best Bread: Scottish Tea Cake with Cranberry and Pecan, by John Rader
- Best Other/Candy: Irish Potato Cake, by Jocelyn Cotsmire