A Tour of the Games:
The Cultural Area is located in the air-conditioned Arena at the Expo Center.
You'll find all kinds of Celtic demonstrations and exhibits from clothing, design and crafting to fencing, dancing and history!
2018 Cultural Area attractions:
- Scottish Country Dancers - Performing on Saturday and Sunday in the Bark River Room at 12:30 pm and 3:30 pm.
- The Sport of Scottish Curling
- Spinning - Demonstrating spinning on a wheel or a drop spindle
- Celtic Cables - Knitted examples of the cable patterns and knitted sweaters
- Celtic Knotwork - See the artist work her magic from beginning to end
- Welsh Castle - Welsh culture, language and activities for children
- Genealogy - Using Ancestry you can look up Native American, military and much more
- John Edward Radcliffe - Author who wrote three books, with a display of the Scottish Isles
- Scottish, Irish, and Ulster Ireland Genealogy
- Display of 18th Century Ladies Clothing
- Outlanders - Inspired by the novels of Diana Gabaldon
- 42nd Royal Highlanders Costumes
- Tartan Quilt
- Julia Lee –Author of "Seven Stones", a young adult story that combines Scottish and Ojibwe cultures.
- What might have happened if Bonny Prince Charlie won.
- Models of the Robert Burns Statue in Milwaukee
- Shared relationship between the Highland Clan System and the World of Scouting Movement: Saturday and Sunday at 10am in the Fox River Room
- Welsh Courtship: Saturday and Sunday at 11:00 am in the Fox River Room
- History of the Robert Burns Statue In Milwaukee: Saturday and Sunday at 12:30 pm in the Fox River Room
- Researching a Scottish House: Saturday at 2:00 pm in the Fox River Room
- Advanced Scottish Genealogy: Sunday at 2:00 pm in the Fox River Room
- Maestro Paul Macdonald - Seminar on weapons and swordsmanship: Saturday and Sunday at 3:00 pm in the Fox River Room
- Maestro Paul Macdonald - Rob Roy the man, the legend! Saturday and Sunday at 4:00 pm in the Fox River Room